Enter Sanity
March 28, 2024, 06:01:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Due to the disappearance of The Warden again, I shall be taking charge as Warden until his return. - Mutou Yami

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Achievements/Trophies You Hate Getting/Have To Get Again

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Achievements/Trophies You Hate Getting/Have To Get Again  (Read 1108 times)
Mutou Yami
Mutou Yami's Wife
Warden

武藤キラ ♥ 武藤 闇

View Profile WWW
« on: April 10, 2011, 03:07:30 am »

I'm sure there's Achievements/Trophies, out there that people hate getting or have to get again, 'cause I know I do. What ones do you guys hate?

Game: Left 4 Dead
Achievement Name: Cr0wned
Description: "Kill a Witch with a single headshot."
Weapons Required: Auto Shotgun (Can be done by Hunting Rifle, but is extremely tricky)
GameScore Points: 30

The reason why I'd hate if I had to restart my Left 4 Dead data, all over again, is because I'm a bad shot, and the fact is, this Achievement drove me insane. It took me 3 - 4 tries to finally get it. I follow what people say - crouch aim at her head/chin and does it kill her? Nope! It just annoyed her and she came straight after me. I've tried to re-make my data from my grey Hard Drive Microsoft sent me for free a few years back, in case my Black Hard Drive Elite, dies and I'd lose everything. I can copy my stuff onto my USB Stick, but my profile can't be copyed.

Game: Left 4 Dead
Achievement Name: Man vs Tank
Description: "Single-handedly kill a Tank"
Weapons Required: Auto Shotgun + Molotov + You-only

I hated this Achievement, as I had to kill a Tank on my own, without the AI Bots helping. I did manage to do this a second time on Expert in No Mercy in the second chapter, where the Tank got himself stuck on a train and the door so I was then left to shoot the crap out of him, with an Assassult Rifle, but already popped the Achievement, on Easy.

Game: Quake 4
Achievement Name: Full Arsenal
Description: "Awarded on completion of a level where a shot was landed with every weapon in a full arsenal."
Weapons Required: Blaster, Machinegun, Shotgun, Railgun, Greanade Launcher, Nailgun, Rocket Launcher, Hyperblaster, Lightning Gun, Dark Matter Gun.
GameScore Points: 20

Ugh, this was a pest, to get. At the time Kane was as a Strogg, and I'd had run-ins with the Iron Maidens, so I had to try for the achievement then, and it soon came up after a few tries, because the Grenade Launcher sucks.

Game: Halo: Reach
Achievement Name: If They Came To Here Me Beg
Description: "Perform an Assassination against an Elite to survive a fall that would've been fatal."
Weapons Required: --
GameScore Points: 25

I hated this one. It's taken me months to finally ping this Achievement.

Game: Halo: Reach
Achievement Name: Two Corpses in One Grave
Description: "Killed 2 vehicles at one with the Target Locator during the 3rd mission"
Weapons Required: Target Locator

Ugh, this Acheivement drove me mad to get a hold of. I'd got the Achievement after I died, a 6th time on Normal.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 07:06:00 am by 武藤 闇 » Report Spam   Logged

All Hail The Strogg!
R.I.P. Paul Gray - April 8, 1972 – May 24, 2010.

"Stay...
 I Need You Here, For A New Day To Break...
Stay...
I Want You Near, Like A Shadow In My Wake...
Stay...
Here With Me... Don't You Leave...
Stay...
Stay With Me, Until The Day's Over..."
I love you Mutou Yami... Forever.

Long Live, Mr.Yamaoka Akira, The Silent Hill Legend.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Son Goku84
Yorkshire Saiyan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 12:55:16 pm »

"Two Corpses, One Grave"? That's easy to get! All you do is jus hold on to the Target Locator until after you've reactivated both the A.A. Gun and the Communications relay, it sets up one part with a pair of Ghosts and a Revenant, you jus use it there!

Anyway...

Game: Halo 3
Achievement Name: "Headshot Honcho"
Description: "Get 10 Headshots in any game mode with precision weapons!"
Weapons Required: Battle Rifle, Sniper Rifle, Covenant Carbine (your choice)
GameScore Points: Can't remember...

This is an interesting one for me! You see, I actually have 2 Xbox Live profiles: This name and Son Gohan84! I got it in Campaign for Gohan, but for Goku, it still eludes me, let's jus put it that way! Where I got it with Gohan was on the 3rd Level, where there's a valley, several Brutes and 1 Wraith Mortar Platform! There is sort of a gateway overhang with a Sniper Rifle hidden on it! It's right after the 3rd Main Skull and 5th Skull in total, where there are several pipes along the right and further in is a hut with another Sniper Rifle, and it jus popped up, seemingly randomly, not that I was complaining! But when it came to getting it for Goku, even in the same area, that frigging Wraith kept catching me out!

Game: Halo 3 O.D.S.T.
Achievement Name: "Vidmaster: Classic"
Description: "Finish any Level, Solo, on Live, with no shots fired and no Grenades thrown!"
Weapons Required: The best level is "Reserve", where you start with a Spartan Laser, and can quickly get your hands on a Warthog and a few Marines to team up with!

Like I said, the best Level to attempt this on is the "Reserve", where you start with a Spartan Laser, it's the same Level for which there is an Achievement for killing all the Wraiths (which doesn't sound wrong in any way, shape or form...)! But unfortunately, it's being somewhat awkward for me... I've actually attempted this Achievement 4 times! The first time, I finished the level, but it turned out there are certain Skulls you're not allowed to have on, and I had 3: "Grunt Birthday Party", "I Would Have Been Your Daddy..." and I can't remember the other one! The second time I tried it I got stuck in the large area, the same as the Firefight Map, where there is a large building in the centre of like a plain and a grassy knoll (watch out, Kennedy) with several Covenant and 2 Wraiths atop it! For the Vidmaster, you have to literally avoid both the Triggers (if you're using the default controls, that is), so you have to use the Warthog, and are advised to give a Marine the Spartan Laser and make sure he gets in the passenger seat, with another on the gun, which doesn't help! The third attempt I did at Kiba's, as with all of them, and the connection kept going... And the last time I tried it I got stuck on the same spot again, although last time it was late and I was a little tired... But, I'm not deterred, I WILL get that Vidmaster, I swear!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Mutou Yami
Mutou Yami's Wife
Warden

武藤キラ ♥ 武藤 闇

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 06:07:44 pm »

I hated it. It drove me crazy, as I'm training myself on Normal, in which I lasted about 2 -3 hours without being killed once, on ODST on Normal, until I got ambushed. I'll come back to this, when I can think of Achievements I hate to get again.
Report Spam   Logged

All Hail The Strogg!

"Stay...
Stay...
Stay...
Stay...

Son Goku84
Yorkshire Saiyan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 02:54:32 pm »

I HAVE FINALLY GOTTEN VIDMASTER: CLASSIC!!! I actually managed to get it twice, for both profiles, but when I came to do it with Goku, I found it pretty easy! Course, I kinda blame those damned LASO's, I'd kinda gotten used to its mentally exhausting difficulty level... But when it came to Gohan, cuz I hadn't played O.D.S.T. on that profile we had to start from the beginning and I had to get some Achievements again, but I took longer second time round, but still managed to get "Wraith Killer"!
Report Spam   Logged
Mutou Yami
Mutou Yami's Wife
Warden

武藤キラ ♥ 武藤 闇

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 03:11:38 pm »

Congratulations. I got "Cr0wned" on my grey hard drive, Microsoft sent me, some time ago.
Report Spam   Logged

All Hail The Strogg!

"Stay...
Stay...
Stay...
Stay...

Son Goku84
Yorkshire Saiyan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 04:31:26 pm »

I still need a new power unit for my old Xbox... I wanted to sell it at one point, but got offered sod all for it, and I was reluctant anyway cuz I've got some great saves on it including LMA Manager, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and MGS2: Substance! Off topic... I promise we'll TRY to get back on topic in the next post!
Report Spam   Logged
Mutou Yami
Mutou Yami's Wife
Warden

武藤キラ ♥ 武藤 闇

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 05:01:53 pm »

Game: F.3.A.R (Fear 3)
Achievement Name: Doll Collector
Description: "Find the Alma Doll on every Mission."

I'd hate to get this again, it's where you go through every mission in F.3.A.R. of Alma's Dolls, and the trouble with these things, they're just like the flags in Assassin's Creed, they can go missing, but all you have to do is just restart the mission, and the doll will re-appear, or will be in another location, just look on Google.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 04:07:51 am by 武藤 闇 » Report Spam   Logged

All Hail The Strogg!

"Stay...
Stay...
Stay...
Stay...

Son Goku84
Yorkshire Saiyan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 03:30:24 pm »

Game: Halo 3
Achievement Name: Mongoose Mowdown
Description: "Get a Splatter with a Mongoose in a Ranked Playlist on Xbox Live!"
Weapons Required: The vehicle known as Mongoose...
GameScore Points: 5 (I think)

In a nutshell: I got it by accident with Gohan when someone performed a failed Mario Stomp on me, and I jus haven't been able to repeat it for Goku!
Report Spam   Logged
Mutou Yami
Mutou Yami's Wife
Warden

武藤キラ ♥ 武藤 闇

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 03:36:29 pm »

That sucks.

Game: Gears of War
Achievement Name: Don-curious
Description: "Compelte Act 1 co-op as Dominic Santiago on any difficulty"
GameScore Points: 10

Due to the fact, I'm one person, and on her own, co-op is a major pain in the ass for me. I was lucky to ping this one.
Report Spam   Logged

All Hail The Strogg!

"Stay...
Stay...
Stay...
Stay...

Son Goku84
Yorkshire Saiyan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 05:44:06 pm »

Game: Tomb Raider: Underworld
Achievement Name: Not sure...
Description: Collect all 179 Treasures
GameScore Points: 100 (I think...)

I've only had this game since Wednesday, but I can already tell it's going to be a pain to get... I've got to get it twice too... That said, finding them the second time round won't be so hard! Or at least it shouldn't be...
Report Spam   Logged
Mutou Yami
Mutou Yami's Wife
Warden

武藤キラ ♥ 武藤 闇

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 04:13:47 am »

Game: Halo 3: ODST
Achievement Name: Audiophile
Description: "Found all Audio Logs, alone or with another ODST" [I did this Solo, because I have Silver Membership]
Weapons Required: Anything you can find to fight your way through the game
GameScore Points: 75

It took me forever to find all of these damn things. I also finally got all skulls on Halo 3 too.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 04:14:39 am by Mutou Yami » Report Spam   Logged

All Hail The Strogg!

"Stay...
Stay...
Stay...
Stay...

Shadowscar
Admin out of Hell
Warden

I normally use my own avatar, but I like this one.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2011, 11:56:53 am »

Not sure if these count but:

1. Unlocking things for EVERY sport in Mario Sports Mix.

This is such a pain in the ass. I hate how you have to unlock the Square-Enix characters and costumes for Peach, Daisy, Yoshi, Toad, Slime, Ninja, Black Mage, and White Mage for EACH of the 4 sports. On the plus side, there is a way to unlock Black Mage, White Mage, Ninja, and their costumes for all sports in one swoop each (Beat the Star Road in any sport 6 times. 1 time for each character, and 1 time for each costume), however that's tedious in itself.

2. Unlocking characters in Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion.

I HATED how unlocking characters in Story Mode didn't unlock them in VS. Mode. Essentially, you had to unlock EVERYONE but Ben Tennyson in the Story Mode, while some characters you have to unlock AGAIN, but for VS. Mode, and that's by winning (not just playing) numbers of matches. Not hard, but tedious.

3. Unlocking Freiza over and over again in Battle Stadium D.O.N.

This one was my fault, as I didn't know that autosave was turned off in the game, and I can't read Japanese. (I however used a menu translator for the game, so I could turn autosave on). While this was going on, I had to repeatedly unlock Freiza (he was the first character you unlock in the Slot Machine), and I couldn't unlock anyone else until I unlocked him. (Characters are unlocked in a set order in a game of chance. Who's smart idea was THAT?)
Report Spam   Logged

Made by FooBot of GCLF.
Mutou Yami
Mutou Yami's Wife
Warden

武藤キラ ♥ 武藤 闇

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 02:26:34 am »

These only count for Xbox 360/PS3-related games that have a trophy system (PS3).

Game: Dragon Age II
Achievement Name: A Worthy Rival
Description: "Earned the Arishok's respect".

Took me ages to ping this Achievement, as it was a nightmare to get this horn-heads respect, as most Horned Qunari are hotheads.
Report Spam   Logged

All Hail The Strogg!

"Stay...
Stay...
Stay...
Stay...

Shadowscar
Admin out of Hell
Warden

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2011, 12:47:56 pm »

Way to discriminate against non-PS360 owners.
Report Spam   Logged

Made by FooBot of GCLF.
Mutou Yami
Mutou Yami's Wife
Warden

武藤キラ ♥ 武藤 闇

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011, 03:13:20 am »

It ain't because half the systems I've been around with, don't have a reward system like Xbox 360/PS3. It was clear in the title's name what this is about. Some PC games have a Trophy/Achievement system, and that counts towards PC games that have them systems. I never added them into the list, because the only PC game I have for a Achievement System is Dragon Age: Origins Unltimate Edition, and I don't know what other games have Achievement/Trophy system, because half the gaming community are console players.

(My posts may be incorrect, it's because Google Toolbar died on my Firefox 3/4, so I was forced to upgrade to Firefox 5/6.)

Game: Left 4 Dead (If I already posted this, let me know and I'll change it)
Achievement Name: Nothing Special
Description: "Survive a campaign with no Survivors, taking damage from a Special Infected."
Weapons Required: Any weapon you can find

I pinged this one on Blood Harvest, and the best way to get this, is to keep your eyes and ears pealed for Special Infected, mainly Tanks, Smokers, Hunters, and Boomers. Smokers are normally a pain, because they can grab you/another Survivor with his tongue, and if you don't free your ally quick enough, he/she will take damage, and the Achievement is lost until you go back to the main menu, and start again. Also listen out for Hunters, they are the most annoying lot there is, as they can pounce out of nowhere, and if you're not quick enough, Achievement is lost. Tanks, can be tricky if the AI Director likes to be cruel, and Witches do count if she attacks.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 03:21:14 am by Mutou Yami » Report Spam   Logged

All Hail The Strogg!

"Stay...
Stay...
Stay...
Stay...

Shadowscar
Admin out of Hell
Warden

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2011, 05:08:05 pm »

No, the fact you didn't include the option of various unlocks is what's discriminating. That way ANY system owner can participate.
Report Spam   Logged

Made by FooBot of GCLF.
Mutou Yami
Mutou Yami's Wife
Warden

武藤キラ ♥ 武藤 闇

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2011, 10:54:13 am »

I give up.

I'm finally free from the hopsital, and damn I got brusing that's so damn purple it looks like an army of grapes.

There's an Achievement on DS2, I'll post up when I remember it. I never want to get that one again.

Game: Dead Space 2 (Xbox 360)
Achievement Name: Going for Disance
Description: "Impale an enemy and make him fly through the ir for 17 meters - it must stick to the surface."
Weapons Required: Teleinesis, Necromorph Limb

I can't remember how exactly I pinged this, but I'd hate to get it again, as I found most Dead Space 2 Achievements hard to get.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 04:05:40 pm by Mutou Yami » Report Spam   Logged

All Hail The Strogg!

"Stay...
Stay...
Stay...
Stay...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: